By Norman N Li, Anthony G. Fane, W. S. Winston Ho, Takeshi Matsuura
Complex membranes-from basics and membrane chemistry to production and functions
A hands-on reference for working towards execs, complicated Membrane expertise and functions covers the elemental ideas and theories of separation and purification through membranes, the $64000 membrane techniques and platforms, and significant business purposes. It is going some distance past the fundamentals to deal with the formula and commercial manufacture of membranes and functions.
This sensible advisor:
- contains assurance of the entire significant sorts of membranes: ultrafiltration; microfiltration; nanofiltration; opposite osmosis (including the hot high-flux and low-pressure membranes and anti-fouling membranes); membranes for fuel separations; and membranes for gasoline mobilephone makes use of
- Addresses six significant themes: membranes and purposes in water and wastewater; membranes for biotechnology and chemical/biomedical functions; gasoline separations; membrane contractors and reactors; environmental and effort functions; and membrane fabrics and characterization
- comprises discussions of significant strategic concerns and the way forward for membrane know-how
With chapters contributed through major specialists of their particular parts and a realistic concentration, this is often the definitive reference for pros in commercial production and separations and study and improvement; practitioners within the manufacture and functions of membranes; scientists in water therapy, pharmaceutical, nutrition, and gas phone processing industries; technique engineers; and others. it's also an exceptional source for researchers in and academia and graduate scholars taking classes in separations and membranes and similar fields.
Read or Download Advanced membrane technology and applications PDF
Best chemical engineering books
Cautious awareness is paid to the presentation of the fundamental theory.
* improved sections all through textual content offer a lot less assailable beginning than the 1st edition.
* Literature citations are given all through for connection with extra fabric.
This crucial source comprises a chain of severe experiences written through major scientists, summarising the development within the box of conjugated thiophene fabrics. it's an application-oriented booklet, giving a chemists’ viewpoint at the state-of-art and views of the sphere. whereas providing a accomplished insurance of thiophene-based fabrics and similar purposes, the purpose is to teach how the rational molecular layout of fabrics can deliver a brand new breadth to identified gadget functions or perhaps relief the improvement of novel software recommendations.
Strain Swing Adsorption is the 1st e-book that offers a coherent and concise precis of the underlying technological know-how and know-how of strain swing adsorption (PSA) tactics at a degree comprehensible to the working towards engineer. PSA has completed common advertisement recognition because the expertise of selection for hydrogen purification, air separation and small scale air driers.
This primary ebook to hide the subject in such nice element summarizes and evaluates the most recent advancements in eco-friendly polymerization equipment. best specialists within the box speak about new each point -- from renewable fabrics to waste aid, and from biocatalysis to solvent-free tools. Of excessive curiosity to polymer, artificial and fabric scientists in academia and undefined.
- Spectroscopic and Mechanistic Studies of Dinuclear Metallohydrolases and Their Biomimetic Complexes
- Basic Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering Book and Disk (Prentice-Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
- Artificial Riboswitches: Methods and Protocols
- Perry's chemical Engineer's handbook, Section 19
- Principles of Chemical Separations with Environmental Applications (Cambridge Series in Chemical Engineering)
- Applied Mathematics and Modeling for Chemical Engineers
Additional info for Advanced membrane technology and applications
1996). Advanced ultra low pressure reverse osmosis membrane elements having a high water flux and a high solute rejection. In Preprints of International Congress on Membranes and Membrane Processes, Yokohama, Japan, Aug. 18 –23, p. 182. , Jose, P. , and Kurihara, M. (1999). Brine conversion (BCS) enhances SWRO desalination case histories, operating data, novel design features. In Preprints of IDA World Congress, San Diego, USA, Vol. II, Aug. 29 –Sept. 3, pp. 101– 107. , and Uemura, T. (1994a).
Case 1 is a reversible phenomenon; however, cases 2 and 3 are irreversible phenomena, which are difficult to remove by simple chemical cleaning. As a result of R&D activities, Toray has developed low-fouling RO membrane for wastewater reclamation. , 2002). The low-fouling property of membranes is evaluated with a nonionic surfactant aqueous solution. Test result shows that, in operation, low-fouling RO membrane has a relatively small permeability declaration ratio of 27%, compared with initial pure water permeability and shows stable operation.
Pressure is not observed in the RO process. This characteristic allows an RO plant to be operated with easy maintenance. Conventional hollow-fiber RO module consisted of a single element inserted in one pressure vessel. However, economical and technical considerations demanded modules with a number of elements inserted in one pressure vessel. Toyobo successfully produced double-element modules on a commercial basis for the first time in 1979 and was followed by various types of double-element modules based on their flow path design.
Advanced membrane technology and applications by Norman N Li, Anthony G. Fane, W. S. Winston Ho, Takeshi Matsuura